The Membership Care Team provides special services to support members of Lexington United Methodist Church. The Membership Care Team works with the Ministry Staff to make membership care ministries and activities a vital part of the congregation’s total ministry.
- Offers sympathy, care and support to members through cards, visits and meals;
- Provides transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping or other necessary travel;
- Prays and comforts members who are homebound , ill or in nursing facilities;
- Provides expanded programs and activities for senior adults age 50 and older through the Prime Timers program;
- Sponsors celebrations in recognition of special groups, including senior adults, veterans, and couples married 50 years or more, as well as others identified by the Membership Care Team.
These ministries are provided by some of the following:
- The Care Teams currently active are Care Carriers, Caring Connections, Adopt-A-Shut-In, and Birthday.
- The Prayer Chain Ministry receives prayer requests which are distributed via e-mail to a prayer distribution list of church members.
- The Birthday Team conducts birthday visits to our homebound and shut-ins.
- The Senior Ministry conducts a 50th Anniversary Celebration each year and plans a meal or special events for seniors periodically; the Prime Timers Senior Planning Committee plans a variety of activities for seniors age 50 and older.
- The Bereavement Ministry coordinates meals for families of deceased members.
- The Prayer Shawl Ministry prays and comforts members through gifts of prayer shawls.
- The Tape Ministry delivers tapes of Sunday services to shut-ins and people in nursing facilities.
- Caring Connections sends cards to members who are ill, in college, in the military, to offer sympathy, care and concern, as well as to welcome visitors and new members.
- In the Adopt-A-Shut-In Ministry, individual and group volunteers adopt shut-ins who are homebound or in nursing facilities to provide on-going care and support.
- The Stephen Ministry provides one-on-one caring ministries to individuals in crisis. Click on the Stephen Ministry link for additional information.